Product marketers are the connective tissue of a go-to-market organization. We bridge the gap between marketing, sales, support, product, engineering, revenue, biz ops, and the customer.
Staying connected to those teams ain't easy.
Here are 7 Slack channels to be in to stay up on what's happening.
1. Your team - Who better to say connected with than your direct team? You all work with different teams and people every day. Your team is a great source of inside intel.
2. Support - Support is marketing. This is THE place to get direct customer feedback, frustration, and joy. Support hears it all.
3. Company marketing - It's hard to keep product messaging in line with brand messaging. Stay in touch with the brand people. Join the top level marketing channel.
4. Sales - Sales (like support) hears everything. Customers tell sales what they love. What they hate. What competitors are doing. Listen closely.
5. Proofing party - You write a lot. It's important to edit and refine your work. Editing your own work is hard. That's why you need a proofreading channel with your team. Share a link and let your teammates proofread and edit.
6. Analytics - This team gets it. They hold the keys to unlocking your reports. Analytics helps understand what's happening and often look at data in helpful ways.
7. Partner community - Change channels. Look at what your partners, re-sellers, distributors are talking about. This is a sweet source of customer intel.